Unconvinced? Let’s review the perks:
- Ample storage space (perfect for trips to Ikea).
- Cheap (a penny a mile) and clean source of fuel.
- Just open the door to get some fresh air in the Summer.
- As fast as you’d need to be for an inner-city environment (20Mph).
- Free parking in most London boroughs.
- No Congestion charges for London.
- Typically has a refrigerator (perfect for groceries).
- Exempt from requiring an annual MOT.
- No Road Tax needed.
- Lower insurance premium.
- Usually well maintained by their previous owners.
One can pick up a second-hand float on eBay for around £500 – a true Keith style bargain.